What Is Remarketing?06 Ocak 2020
Before we talk about the concept of remarketing, we should first look at how we define marketing. Beyond the definition of selling in a market, the concept of marketing also involves creating a market or being a part of a market. For instance, by offering a product or service, we either try to become a part of a market or create a new market for the target audience. The next stage is capturing the right audience that needs the product or service we offer, and this is where the concept of remarketing comes into play.
Remarketing means re-engaging the audience that is closest to us with the content we offer in line with our objectives such as driving purchases or collecting leads. In order to understand how remarketing is applied better, let’s take an online shop where we offer a product or service and assume that we have embedded in it tracking codes that we may also refer to as “remarketing codes”. This would help us understand whether users arrive at our site organically or as a result of paid marketing activities, and learn the endpoints through the email or social media accounts that they use at the time. Based on such information, we can remarket to the audience that we identify as interested in the product or service we offer, and ensure that our activities are efficient and result-focused.
- Helps strengthen your position and build a strong connection with your audience through close contact.
- Supports your Lead Generation and Inbound Marketing activities for actionable results.
- Allows you to run direct targeted marketing activities.
- Helps you gather detailed information about your target audience.
- Enables you to achieve cost-effective and efficient results.
7 tips for effective remarketing
- Begin with specific and measurable goals.
- Be sure that you have analyzed the audience-related data well.
- Identify the channels with the potential for efficient engagement with your audience.
- Make sure that your communication management aligns with your audience.
- Assess your audience’s engagement with the products and services that closely match those you offer.
- Plan the communication frequency of your content in a manner not to frustrate the user.
- Measure the results of your activities and calculate their efficiency, using benchmarks when needed.